ICU Veterinary Technician
Now Hiring ICU Veterinary Technicians
Burlington Emergency Veterinary Specialists (BEVS) is seeking experienced ICU Veterinary Technicians to join our busy 24-hour animal emergency and specialty hospital.
As a patient care technician for the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at BEVS, you will be providing high-quality customer service with a calm and gentle approach when handling patients in emotionally charged and challenging situations.
Follow prescribed patient treatments, which include various technical procedures such as intravenous catheter placement for both short and long-term vein access, venipuncture, IV injections, wound management, drug administration (IV, oral, subcutaneous), bandage care, blood transfusion administration, emergency intervention, ECG monitoring, and various other routine diagnostic testing.
Must demonstrate the ability to:
- Understand hospital treatment plans and present them in a clear manner to clients. Provide quick and accurate information regarding each patient and be proficient in entering data into the electronic medical record.
- Work effectively as a member of a team and be an active participant in problem-solving
- Work effectively with computers and multiple software platforms
- Work independently and practice good judgment to ensure high-quality care for all patients, and request assistance when needed
Our team works a three day a week rotation. Qualified candidates must have at least three years’ experience in an emergency or critical care setting, or five years of full-time experience in general practice.
BEVS Employee Benefits
BEVS provides a rewarding employment opportunity where you work alongside a very talented and dedicated group of veterinarians and technicians in a growing hospital that holds patient care in the highest regard.
- Competitive compensation
- Medical and dental insurance
- Paid-time-off and paid holidays
- Disability Insurance
- 401(k) plan with a company match
- Continuing education
- Uniform allowance
- Employee assistance
- Paid volunteer day-off
- Employee pet care discount
Additionally, BEVS is a great place to grow professionally with opportunities to advance as a Veterinary Technician Specialist and develop higher-level veterinary nursing skills.
If you are interested in utilizing all of your skills and want to work in this exciting, team-oriented environment, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ICU Veterinary Technician.