The veterinary dentistry services we offer
In addition to oral exams and full mouth dental x-rays and interpretation, BEVS provides a full range of dental services, including:
- Dental imaging – assessment and diagnosis of periodontal and endodontic disease, missing teeth, jaw fractures, and oral tumors, utilizing digital dental radiography, CT, and MRI
- Endodontics – root canal and vital pulp therapy to save broken, injured (discolored pink, purple, or brown), and dead teeth
- Feline dentistry – treatment for tooth resorption, stomatitis, and gingivitis
- Maxillofacial surgery – repair of broken jaws and lymph node excision for tumor staging
- Oral surgery – simple and complex extractions including, full mouth extractions, oral tumor removal and biopsies, gingival hyperplasia, and extraction of retained deciduous teeth (baby teeth)
- Orthodontics – treatment of painful malocclusions including crown shortening, crown extension, orthodontic movement of teeth, and selective extractions
- Periodontics – treatment of gingivitis and periodontitis, including dental infection and bone loss using root planning, bone grafts, guided tissue regeneration, and advanced gum flap surgeries
- Prosthodontics – placement of metal crowns to protect damaged teeth and root canal-treated teeth
- Restorations – treatment and repair of cavities, fractured teeth with no pulp exposure, and enamel defects
- Senior, geriatric, and fragile pet dental/oral care – complete diagnosis and treatment planning for older or health-compromised pets
Why anesthesia is important for dental procedures in pets
Anesthesia makes it possible to perform dental procedures including exams and x-rays with less stress and pain for your pet. Most importantly, anesthesia allows for a thorough examination and cleaning above the gum line where bacteria is hidden, without risk of injury.
We utilize the latest anesthesia protocols and a veterinary nurse is dedicated to anesthetic monitoring. Dr. Kellner and his team employ progressive pain management techniques and medication to keep your pet comfortable during and after the dental procedure. This comprehensive approach ensures the best outcome for all of our patients.
At BEVS, our top priority is the health and wellness of your pet. That is why our dentistry team will work closely with you and your primary care veterinarian to create a personalized treatment plan.
Contact BEVS about dentistry and oral healthcare
To schedule a consultation with BEVS’ dentistry department, simply call us at 802-863-2387. If you are a veterinarian and would like to refer a patient, please use our Referral Form.