We are thrilled to announce the addition of Ophthalmology to our list of services, furthering our commitment to your pet’s overall well-being.
Eyes are invaluable and our pets deserve nothing but the best care. Sarah Hoy, DVM, MS, DACVO, and Courtenay Brines, DVM, MS, DACVO–our highly trained and compassionate board-certified veterinary ophthalmologists–bring years of experience in diagnosing and treating a wide range of animal eye conditions. From routine eye exams to complex surgical procedures, BEVS has you covered.
Whether you’re seeking treatment for your pet’s cataracts, glaucoma, retinal issues, and any other eye condition or injury, we believe in personalized care, tailored to your pet’s unique needs.
Your pet should see a veterinary ophthalmologist when you notice any of these signs:
- Cloudiness to the eye
- Eye color change
- Eye swelling
- Mucus discharge
- Vision behavior change
- Your pet is bumping into things (may indicate vision loss)
- Your pet is holding their eye closed
We offer the following ophthalmology procedures:
- Cataract surgery with intraocular lens (IOL) implantation
- Chemical ablation
- Corneal grafting surgery
- Distichia & ectopic cilia cryotreatment
- Eyelid and corneal laceration repair
- Glaucoma treatment – endolaser, transcleral laser, ahmed shunt placement
- Lensectomy for anterior lens luxation
- Parotid duct transposition / dry eye surgery
- Reconstructive eyelid surgery / blepharoplasty
- Third eyelid membrane surgery
Contact BEVS about your pet’s eye care.
Ophthalmology at BEVS is available Monday-Thursday 8:00 am-5:00 pm.
To schedule a consultation with BEVS’ Ophthalmology Department, simply call us at 802-863-2387. No referral is necessary, but we will work with your primary care veterinarian to ensure continuity of care. If you are a veterinarian and would like to refer a patient, please use our Referral Form.