Emergency Veterinary Assistants
Now Hiring Emergency Veterinary Assistants
(Full-time and Part-time)
Burlington Emergency Veterinary Specialists (BEVS) is seeking seeking entry-level positions to assist nurses in our 24/7 Emergency Department. We have full and part-time openings for overnight shifts, 11 pm – 8 am on weekdays and weekends.
Technician Assistants performs a variety of patient and client care duties. This person communicates clearly with veterinarians, technicians and other hospital personnel, and clients to ensure that patients receive the care they need. Technician Assistants are friendly and flexible in the face of varying expectations from clients and coworkers. They multi-task, prioritize tasks well, and think creatively.
Technician Assistants strongly believe in the quality of care provided and communicate this sense of assurance to clients. The Technician Assistant provides for patient and client comfort by keeping the hospital clean and presentable.
- Provides compassionate patient care, keeping patients clean, dry, and comfortable
- Provides safe and effective patient restraint
- Uses proper safety techniques and positioning for radiological procedures
- Walks, cleans, and feeds patients
- Assists with patient triage and discharges as needed
- Runs routine lab work in the in-house pharmacy
- Keeps hospital clean and stocked
- Utilizes in-house inventory control procedures to ensure items are stocked appropriately
BEVS Employee Benefits
BEVS provides a rewarding employment opportunity where you work alongside a very talented and dedicated group of veterinarians and technicians in a growing hospital that holds patient care in the highest regard.
- Competitive compensation
- Medical and dental insurance
- Paid-time-off and paid holidays
- Disability Insurance
- 401(k) plan with a company match
- Continuing education
- Uniform allowance
- Employee assistance
- Paid volunteer day-off
- Employee pet care discount
If you are interested in joining our team, please email your resume to email@example.com with the subject line, Emergency Veterinary Assistant.