When your pet requires advanced surgery, you’ll be glad to know that Burlington Emergency and Veterinary Specialists has a depth and breadth of veterinary surgery expertise that’s rare in this neck of the woods.
In addition, we have sophisticated diagnostic imaging equipment that ensures the most accurate pre-surgical planning and careful postoperative management.
The surgical services we offer
BEVS offers a full range of surgical services, from the most routine surgical procedure to the most complex, including:
- Orthopedic surgery to repair such as conditions as fractures and other musculoskeletal injuries, cruciate ligament tears, hip and elbow dysplasia, and osteochondritis
- Soft-tissue surgery relating to internal organs, skin and muscle
- Cardiothoracic/cardiopulmonary surgery to address heart and lung issues
- Neurosurgery to treat conditions affecting the brain and spinal cord
- Oncology surgery to remove cancerous tumors
- Reconstructive surgery to restore form and function after trauma or cancer surgery
- Emergency and trauma surgery available 24/7
- Gastrointestinal/hepatobiliary surgery (liver and gallbladder)
- Urinary tract surgery
In addition, BEVS offers such leading-edge advances as stem cell therapy for treating arthritis.
Your pet’s comfort and safety are our top priorities
At BEVS, our animal hospital is designed for your pet’s comfort and safety, with such features as:
- State-of-the-art surgical suites that offer the most advanced surgical and monitoring equipment
- The latest anesthesia protocols are employed with a veterinary nurse devoted to anesthetic monitoring
- We are staffed around the clock by skilled and caring veterinarians and veterinary nurses who carefully monitor your pet’s vital signs
- We use today’s most current pain management techniques to keep your pet comfortable during and after surgery
Your peace of mind is a priority, too
We understand that having your pet undergo surgery can be stressful. That’s why:
- We’ll go over the procedure with you in advance so you thoroughly understand what to expect
- We’ll call you with a status report as soon as your pet is out of the operating room and in recovery
- We’ll also keep your family veterinarian informed throughout your pet’s hospitalization and recovery
What to expect after surgery
After surgery, we’ll continue to monitor your pet closely to ensure they are stable and resting comfortably. Some patients will need to remain in our ICU for 24 hours or more. Know that the ICU is staffed by doctors and nurses around the clock.
While your pet’s recovery begins here at BEVS, you’ll complete the lion’s share of after-care at home. The surgery team will give you detailed instructions at discharge, including information on everything from medications to physical therapy, and we’re always just a phone call away if you have questions.
- One very important thing to remember: Certain orthopedic procedures require your pet to be confined to a crate for a period of time after surgery. This is imperative for proper healing, and we’ll discuss this with you in detail.
Contact BEVS about surgery
To make a referral or schedule a consultation with BEVS’ board-certified veterinary surgeon, simply call us at 802-863-2387.