Now Hiring A Pharmacy/Lab Technician
Burlington Emergency Veterinary Specialists (BEVS) is seeking an experienced Veterinary Pharmacy/Lab Technician. This is a full-time position with weekend hours.
The Lab/Pharmacy Technician fills prescriptions and laboratory requests from veterinary technicians and veterinarians with the highest level of accuracy and efficiency.
- Knowledgeable of pharmaceutical products, including contraindications, side effects, and dispensing and handling procedures
- Able to pull and accurately fill prescription requests from veterinary management system
- Set up and runs lab samples (e.g., fecal, cytology, and blood work)
- Keeps pharmacy, and lab areas clean and stocked
- Understand and be able to assist Inventory Manager with cycle counting and inventory management system
- Maintain pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed medications and supplies, verifying receipt, and removing outdated drugs
- Protect patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols
- Dispense by reading medication orders and prescriptions, preparing labels, calculating quantities, and assembling intravenous solutions and other pharmaceutical therapies
- Maintains records by recording and filing veterinarians’ orders and prescriptions
BEVS Employee Benefits
BEVS provides a rewarding employment opportunity where you work alongside a very talented and dedicated group of veterinarians and technicians in a growing hospital that holds patient care in the highest regard.
- Competitive compensation
- Medical and dental insurance
- Paid-time-off and paid holidays
- Disability Insurance
- 401(k) plan with a company match
- Continuing education
- Uniform allowance
- Employee assistance
- Paid volunteer day-off
- Employee pet care discount
If you are interested in utilizing all of your skills and want to work in this exciting, team-oriented environment, please email your resume to email@example.com with the subject line, Pharmacy/Lab Technician.