Lead, Surgery Veterinary Technician
Now Hiring Lead Surgery Veterinary Technician
Burlington Emergency & Veterinary Specialists (BEVS) is looking for a full-time veterinary lead technician to join our surgery department.
The Surgery Lead Technician is responsible for leading, developing and overseeing veterinary technicians within the Surgery Department. The role demands a leader with the interpersonal and organizational skills to continue achieving our goals of delivering excellent patient care and customer service to both our clients and referring veterinarians. This position requires an individual with strong time management skills as well as proven leadership ability.
We are a state-of-the-art facility, equipped with three operating rooms, one dedicated to soft-tissue and one solely for orthopedic cases. Advanced imaging includes CT, MRI, Fluoroscopy, and ultrasound.
The ideal candidate has the following competencies:
- Certified Veterinary Technician
- Minimum five years of full-time general practice or three years of full-time specialty experience
- Minimum two years in a leadership role with proven leadership experience
- A VTS (Surgery or Anesthesia) or currently pursuing a VTS (Surgery or Anesthesia) is preferred
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexible, cooperative, dependable, and excellent time management skills
- Communication proficiency
- Teamwork Orientation
- Technical Capacity
BEVS Employee Benefits
BEVS provides a rewarding employment opportunity where you work alongside a very talented and dedicated group of veterinarians and technicians in a growing hospital that holds patient care in the highest regard.
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Disability Insurance
- 401(k) plan with a company match
- Continuing education
- Uniform allowance
- Employee assistance
- Employee pet care discount
Additionally, BEVS is a great place to grow professionally with opportunities to advance as a Veterinary Technician Specialist and develop higher-level veterinary nursing skills.
This is a full-time position (40 hours per week) Monday through Friday.
Pay: $33.00 – $37.00 per hour
If you are interested in utilizing all of your skills and want to work in this exciting, team-oriented environment, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Surgery Lead Technician.