Now Hiring Exotics Technicians
Burlington Emergency Veterinary Specialists (BEVS) is seeking an experienced Veterinary Technician to join our exotics department (coming January 2023). The exotics veterinary technician will work closely with the exotics veterinarian and will be responsible for exotic patient and client care.
Veterinary technicians in the exotics department are responsible for assisting in all technical aspects of patient care and procedures, including treatments, examinations, sample collection, imaging, and medical and surgical preparation and procedures. They are also expected to assist veterinarians with preparing and maintaining patient and service flow, including patient scheduling, receiving, and counseling clients.
This is a full-time position (40 hours per week), Monday through Friday and some weekend availability as needed to care for exotics pets.
- Certified Veterinary Technician is preferred
- A strong interest in and passion for birds, reptiles, and exotic mammals is important, as well a willingness to learn new and different technical skills.
- Minimum 2 years of full-time general practice or one year of full-time exotics specialty experience
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexible, cooperative, dependable, and excellent time management skills
- Communication proficiency
- Teamwork Orientation
- Technical Capacity
BEVS Employee Benefits
BEVS provides a rewarding employment opportunity where you work alongside a very talented and dedicated group of veterinarians and technicians in a growing hospital that holds patient care in the highest regard.
- Competitive compensation
- Medical and dental insurance
- Paid-time-off and paid holidays
- Disability Insurance
- 401(k) plan with a company match
- Continuing education
- Uniform allowance
- Employee assistance
- Paid volunteer day-off
- Employee pet care discount
Additionally, BEVS is a great place to grow professionally with opportunities to advance as a Veterinary Technician Specialist and develop higher-level veterinary nursing skills.
If you are interested in utilizing all of your skills and want to work in this exciting, team-oriented environment, please email your resume to email@example.com with the subject line, Exotics Veterinary Technician.