Together We’re Helping Pets Enjoy A Better Quality Of Life.
There’s a reason veterinarians refer their patients for physical rehabilitation. It works! A well-designed rehabilitation program developed and implemented by credentialed veterinary professionals can help in even the most challenging cases. Improving quality of life through better mobility and reduced pain is always the goal. At BEVS, patients are enjoying success through a variety of modalities. And most are having fun too!
Rehabilitation Can Help Your Pet With:
- Athletic conditioning
- Back or neck injury
- Degenerative Myelopathy
- Fibrocartilagenous Embolism (FCE)
- Hip dysplasia, elbow dysplasia, shoulder disorders
- Intervertebral Disc Disease (IVDD)
- Patellar luxation, cranial cruciate injury
- Post-operative orthopedic and neurologic recovery
- Tendinitis, muscle and ligament injury
- Vestibular disorders
- Weight management
The Rehabilitation Services We Provide
Based on a thorough evaluation of your pet’s medical history, current physical challenges and lifestyle—along with your goals for your companion—we’ll develop a comprehensive rehabilitation and pain management program that’s tailored to your pet’s individual needs. Your pet’s program may include:
- Assistive device ﬁttings and adjustments
- Class IV therapeutic laser
- Manual therapy (massage, stretching, range of motion, tissue and/or joint mobilization)
- Neuromuscular stimulation (“E-stim”)
- Orthotics and custom bracing
- Pain management
- Therapeutic exercise programs (in-oﬃce and in-home)
- Underwater treadmill (UWTM)
- Wheelchair/cart ﬁtting
Your Pet Will Be In The Hands of Experts
BEVS is home to one of Vermont’s most highly trained pet rehabilitation veterinarians. Pamela Levin, DVM, CVA, CCRT, CVPP, brings advanced training and certification in both canine rehabilitation, pain management, and acupuncture. Additionally, our rehab team includes Lyn Garson, CVT, CCRP, who has dedicated her career helping physically challenged animals through rehabilitation as well as providing medical support to animals during natural disasters and federal special-security events.
Together with their compassionate support team, they provide a level of proficiency that translates into healthier, more active pets.
To schedule a consultation or to learn more about BEVS’ Rehabilitation Department, simply call us at 802-863-2387.